Kickboxing Training Singapore
A good kickboxing trainer teaches you a whole lot of things, making you faster, stronger and more confident.
Sometimes our body needs a change from the usual gym routine of lifting weights, running on the treadmill and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT).
Kickboxing is a fantastic form of workout derived from various martial arts discipline. In our opinion, kickboxing is a combination of punching and kicking in your own style. There is no such thing as a right or wrong kick. It just have to be good, accurate and well balanced.
We make our kickboxing training challenging yet fun. Many times you will see clients kicking and punching aimlessly on lousy pad holders in a gym. This is definitely not what we are looking at.
Kickboxing is a general and simple form of martial arts. But you still have to incorporate good skills and techniques into it. Power efficiency, high impact calories burning and injury prevention is our main focus.
Kickboxing training for fat loss and self-defence
Besides burning high amounts of calories, it teaches you how to defend yourself as well. Never underestimate the power of a well delivered punch or kick. The science of using your body’s momentum and explosive trunk movement generates high power.
So how do you achieve that? Our experience kickboxing trainers can show you.
How is kickboxing different from Muay Thai?
Above photo shows the 2 different styles of fighting.
However, kickboxing can be made up of many different styles.
Tae Kwon Do (TKD), Karate, Savate (French boxing), Russian martial arts Sambo and Israelis martial arts Krav Maga are some of the different styles of kickboxing.
AT Ptworks, our kickboxing program are very much derived from Muay Thai style. Therefore, a good kickboxing trainer must be able to teach a certain style. No martial arts are bad. It just need to be executed properly.
Our kickboxing training program is a mix of tactical and combative self-defence system that combines western boxing and Thai boxing together, making it into an effective freestyle striking combat form.
The program itself focus a lot on training the cardiovascular system. Very ideal for fat loss and fitness conditioning. It makes a great cross training for various athletes.
What are the benefits of kickboxing training?
- A good self defence system. It is a very versatile fighting system that is simple and straight forward. Learn how to defence yourself from a bully or an attacker.
- Improves cardiovascular fitness. Build your stamina and endurance. 30 min of kickboxing is almost as good as 1 hour of intense running.
- Improves anaerobic fitness. It involves short explosive movements that involves big muscle fibres.
- Builds stronger muscles. Fast twitch muscles are mostly involved. It develops great muscle tone and definition.
- Builds muscle endurance. Repetitive strikes and movements improves muscle endurance and reduce fatigue.
- Increases flexibility. It allows you to move through a greater range of motion. Some of the moves involves trunk rotation, hip joint activation and shoulder mobility.
- Increases stability and balance. In order to execute a good kick, you have to be stable with the standing leg. It involves a lot of pivoting on one leg.
- Improves agility and speed.
- Improves coordination and muscle control. A good kickboxer must be able to counter positional shifts in bodyweight. Neuromuscular activation and muscle proprioceptors must be turned on at all times.
- Improves hand eye coordination. Pad work and focus mitt training helps to improve eye accuracy and respond.
- Increase mental focus and concentration. Multiple combinations of punches and kicks takes time to master, involving high concentration.
- It is a full body workout. It activates your upper limbs, lower limbs and core muscles.
- Relieves stress and aggression. It is a fantastic way to vent out your pent-up anger and stress without hurting anybody. Besides going to an anger management therapist, there is no better way to relieve your stress.
- Fun and not boring.
- Releases happy chemicals in our body. Kickboxing workout induces our brain to release natural hormones such as serotonin and dopamine. These chemicals makes you happy and relaxed. Also known as runner’s high.
- Gives you great variety for cross training, hence helps to improve in your sports performance.
- Boost self-confidence. Ability to defend yourself and improved body image makes you feel great about yourself.
- Safe on our joints and bones.
- Lose weight fast. Shadow boxing, pad work and bag work help to burn tons of calories and rev up your metabolism rate. 45mins of kickboxing burns about 600-800 calories in total.
Kickboxing program helps to burn more than 500kcal in just 45min!
We make our boxing training intensive, often with non-stop combinations that burns fat fast. Unlike body-combat group classes, we do lots of pad work with numerous punch and kick combinations. No more “hitting the air”.
It is fantastic for children too because its fun! It helps to boost their confidence and enhance their assertiveness.
We recommend you to try our kickboxing program at least once and we make sure that you will never quit!